Enjoy the delicious difference of naturally grown berries!
2023 Blueberry Season Hours
Our 2023 Season is still open for Pick Your Own and Ready-Picked Berries. Our hours are generally as follows:
Monday & Tuesday – 8am to 4pm
Wednesday – 8am to 8pm
Thursday & Friday – 8am to 4pm
Saturday 8am til noon
Sunday – Closed
Check our phone message and Facebook for field updates.
We appreciate you.
We will have plenty of frozen blueberries available in variable-sized packaging.
Call us at 519-289-0389
Join our mailing list to stay updated on seasonal events and farm activities.
Pick Your Own Blueberries
Escape to the peace and simplicity of the farm
Picking blueberries at our scenic farm makes for a relaxing, peaceful, and enjoyable getaway. It is a great way to spend a few peaceful hours with special people in your life. Our field is netted to protect the berries from the birds, and you will go home with fond memories and healthy locally grown fruit.
Sign up for our newsletter for all the latest updates on this season, the harvest and when you can pick.
* Large groups can be accommodated with advance notice
Blueberries Ready For Pickup
Fresh Frozen Blueberries Year Round
We aim to make things simple.
Get Arrowwood Blueberries year round.
In season, you can stop by and pick up as much as you like fresh from the field. Out of season, we package and freeze last year’s harvest so you can enjoy them whenever you want.
Fabulous fruit that was plentiful and easy to pick. I brought my 11-yr old, and two 19-yr olds. Between the 4 of us we picked 15lbs in about 40 min. Lovely!!
Charles and I picked 78 pounds of gorgeous blueberries in less than 2 hours! The farm is beautiful and the service is great! So glad we found Arrowwood!
Blueberries – To Your Health!
Blueberries are great for your health – packed with fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins! Of course, we would love for you to purchase our blueberries because we are very proud of their quality. But, you ask, why would I eat frozen blueberries from a local farmer when you can buy fresh from the store? Glad you asked – here are a few ideas:
- Blueberries retain their nutrition even though frozen. All those great anti-oxidants, fiber, and vitamins are stored in the frozen berry.
- Lower food miles and emissions – our blueberries are hand-picked and the only transportation is your trip home from the farm. Store-purchased blueberries in March are from south of our border and have traveled a long way.
- Growing Methods – Growing any food comes with an ecological debt to pay. Synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides (none of which we use) all take a toll on the environment. Your local grower is always available to ask about growing methods, but we cannot ask farmers located in other countries.
- Storage – frozen berries can be stored for months, and blueberries in particular can be readily removed in small quantities for your favourite smoothie, yogurt, or another snack.
Delicious Blueberry Pancakes
In the summer we enjoy fresh blueberries, and in the winter they are perfect with frozen berries! No need to defrost, we find that they heat up just right while cooking.
1 1/3 cup flour
2 tbsp sugar
3 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup milk
3 tbsp oil
- Mix the dry ingredients together and the liquid ingredients together separately
- Combine the liquid ingredients with the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat and add a bit of oil
- Pour the batter into the pan and sprinkle some frozen blueberries on top of the batter
- Once the batter begins to bubble it is ready to flip, cook until golden brown on both sides